|File Size||597.02 KB|
|Create Date||May 3, 2017|
Cinnamon Custard and Fruit
- Makes: 8 servings Serving Size: about 1/2 cup custard and 1/4 cup fruit
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries, such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- In a medium bowl stir together cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in the cold water. Add 1-1/2 cups of the milk, the egg yolks, and sugar. Whisk to dissolve the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the remaining 2 cups milk over low heat until bubbles appear around the edges of the saucepan.
- Slowly stir cold milk mixture into hot milk in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in vanilla.
- Cover with plastic wrap, placing plastic wrap directly on surface of the cooked mixture. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or up to 24 hours (it should thicken to the consistency of custard). Serve with fresh berries. Garnish with mint leaves.